If you are looking for the best way to develop strength and muscles at the same time, you may want to try weight training. This type of training requires the use of immense force to lift dumbbells and weights as it targets specific types of muscles. Undeniably, this strength routine is an integral part of the training regimen of athletes and other sports aficionados.
The involvement of women in weight training has been widely practiced in the contemporary times contrary to the perception of some that it should be exclusive for men only. As a popular strength training, this routine had been part of the daily regimen at least to Ancient Greece centuries ago. From the early stones to the birth of dumbbells and barbells, weight training has gone a long away and has continued to prove its significance on progressive strength inspired activities.
Principles of Weight Training
- Combinations ? Weight training involves certain types of exercise and the manner of performing the routine. For instance, you need to consider the combination of movements as well as the number of sets and repetitions. In order to achieve the right combination, check your ultimate goal; are you after lean muscle or increase of muscular endurance?
- Choice of Equipment ? There are a lot of available equipment which can be used in weight training, specifically in weight lifting. The weight of the dumbbells has a corresponding result in the muscular form of the body over time. Aside from the dumbbells, you may choose pulleys, barbells, weight machines; and for better outcome use lifting straps, weightlifting belts and gloves in any weight trainings.
- Correct Posture ? It is a must to follow the strict posture requirement of any exercise. The essence of this principle is either to properly distribute the pressure applied or to focus on a specific part of the body.
Benefits of Weight Training
- Improve Metabolism ? According to studies, the muscle that you develop during weight training is an essential factor to achieve an improved metabolism. Then, if this is the case, you only need to take weights if you can?t avoid your guilty pleasure.
- Better Mood ? Weight training can be categorized as an intense training, thus, there?s a huge possibility that your levels of dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine increase as you conduct the exercise on a regular basis.
- Stronger Bones ? While the training gives maximum muscular strength, the bones receives optimum strength which can decrease the occurrence of osteoporosis and bone loss in the long run.
- Body Awareness ? A continuous engagement in this type of workout trains your muscle and your body in general to move in the right sequence. Thus, you can perform your daily activities with ease and safety.
- Healthier Heart ? Adding this routine in your regular activities can reduce the chance of having failures in your arteries and improves the flow of blood. Based on studies, weight lifting also regulates blood glucose which can lessen the risk of having diabetes.